Did you know that ketchup flavoured chips are uniquely Canadian? If you didn’t know, don’t let this affect your Canadian pride, as you’re part of the grand majority of Canadians that don’t know either.
Thanks Diane Savoie for the help with this recipe!
- 1 cup (250 ml) buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 2 chicken breasts, halved
- 1 ½ cup (375 ml) ketchup flavoured potato chips, coarsely crushed
- To Marinate: In a small bowl, mix the egg and buttermilk. Pour mixture over chicken strips in a glass dish or bowl. Cover and refrigerate 2 to 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 °F (200 °C.)
- Remove chicken from refrigerator, and drain, discarding buttermilk mixture. Place crushed chips in a shallow dish or bowl. Roll chicken strips in the chips to evenly coat, and then place in a lightly greased baking dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes in preheated oven, or until chicken juices run clear.